The American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) has launched a European wide campaign called Grown in Seconds, to bring to life the highly sustainable credentials of American hardwood
AHEC has partnered with Italian furniture-makers RIVA to produce, for the first time, a full environmental Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) for one of its signature tables
Commercial thermal modification of timber was developed and introduced in the 1990s, and is becoming increasingly popular with architects and designers globally as a substitute for tropical timbers and traditionally preserved...
AHEC Europe has been monitoring closely new EU developments regarding plant health regulations and how this may affect phyto-sanitary requirements for hardwood shipments from the USA to Europe.
Latest from the Blog
- 7/04/2016 - Thermally modified timber: AJ&B share their experience with TMT U.S. tulipwood
- 2/11/2015 - ‘Win, Victory, & Love’ - a collaborative installation between Khalid Shafar and AHEC unveiled at Downtown Design
- 15/07/2015 - AHEC Executive Director Mike Snow discusses the organization’s global strategy
- 29/06/2015 - 'Informing' The Invisible Store of Happiness
- 29/06/2015 - 'Making' The Invisible Store of Happiness