Last week nearly 150 European hardwood importers, architects and American hardwood exporters came together in Copenhagen to discuss the future for American hardwoods at the AHEC European conference. The event provided networking...
Research & Development
The American Hardwood Export Council presents ‘The Smile’ by architect Alison Brooks for the London Design Festival
The American Hardwood Export Council has collaborated with Alison Brooks Architects, Arup and the London Design Festival to present a cross-laminated tulipwood structure in the Rootstein Hopkins Parade Ground of the Chelsea...
The American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) has launched a European wide campaign called Grown in Seconds, to bring to life the highly sustainable credentials of American hardwood
Commercial thermal modification of timber was developed and introduced in the 1990s, and is becoming increasingly popular with architects and designers globally as a substitute for tropical timbers and traditionally preserved...
American hardwood industry becomes the first sector to provide environmental life cycle data with every consignment
Latest from the Blog
- 7/04/2016 - Thermally modified timber: AJ&B share their experience with TMT U.S. tulipwood
- 2/11/2015 - ‘Win, Victory, & Love’ - a collaborative installation between Khalid Shafar and AHEC unveiled at Downtown Design
- 15/07/2015 - AHEC Executive Director Mike Snow discusses the organization’s global strategy
- 29/06/2015 - 'Informing' The Invisible Store of Happiness
- 29/06/2015 - 'Making' The Invisible Store of Happiness